Sunday, September 30, 2007

Walk

Hello,

Yesterday I finally went for a walk, I haven't been for a pleasure walk since July. Now I will admit I was nervous, but none the less it was nice. It was a bit breezy, but even that felt good as I had the sun on my face.

I walked about 30 minutes total as I am not use to walking and know the hazards of over doing it the first few times. I want to try and experience some of the wonders of fall as they happen this season, before the cold hand of winter sweeps the land.

I suppose if we need to try and find something good about the cold weather that is to come, it would have to be for those of you who have a significant other. If you think about it, you might want to hug more to feel the body warmth of the other, when outside, you will walk closer together to break the cold bitter North wind.

But more important, you will be able to crawl into a nice warm bed and share the body heat to ward of the chill. So not all is bad about the coming season for those who are sharing your life...the rest of us can warm up by putting a heating pad between the sheets and pretend! Ha ha.

I also went out a bit last night, it was nice to get out and mingle with people again. No, I wasn't drinking...this time:) I also noticed I slept good through the night.
I believe the return to my walks, visiting my 92 year old friend, and going out allowed my mind a night off of worry. Even though I slept well I didn't wake until 8:30! That is rare for me but it is Sunday and a good day for it to happen.

Yesterday I had a lazy day and did very little, my plan was to start packing, that didn't happen as I lazed around far to long yesterday. I would be lying if I didn't say I feel the same way this morning! But as soon as the coffee kicks in, I will move this day forward, and for the first time in a very long time, I don't wish the weekend over so I can get back to work.

Have a great Sunday everyone,
Pixies:)

No comments: