Monday, September 10, 2007

Euphoric


Hi,

This is more of a continence from yesterday when I was going for a walk. Today was very uneventful so far...

After writing my blog today I went outside to go to my sanctuary for a while. Once I went out my door I saw all the birds and my chipmunk friend out there. I stood there watching them lunch as the feeders were just filled.

I slowly walked over to the edge of the step and I thought they all might leave. Some of the birds did but only for a moment. Soon they were comfortable with my presents and almost seemed to be checking me out.

I talked very low and softly to them, I heard some chirping in my left ear and I turned to see one of them no more than a foot away from me sitting on the wash line, looking at me curiously. I said well hello there, he looked for a minute and then flew directly in front of me and landed on the feeder.

Now my guess is this was the boss, all the other little birds were watching from the tree right across from where I was standing. I took a couple of pictures as I talked to my new friend, he began to eat and when he did about 5 other birds came and jostled for a perch on the feeder.

They were a bit nervous at first but soon they were flying around me and beside me while they took turns on the feeder. My chipmunk friend was not put out by any of this as he continued to eat. Once I looked for where he was and he had moved directly in front of me. I was tickled pink:)

I love this feeling of sharing with nature, I could feel the warmth again and it almost tingled with excitement with me. I could feel it in my eyes as it rose to the top of my head, and almost radiated out of me in a calming wave. I stood there for the longest time enjoying this feeling. I finally went to my sanctuary and just stood there, closed my eyes and just breathed deeply. I would probably still be there if the mosquitoes wouldn’t have found me.

So I came back to the field and walk around listening to the grasshoppers and crickets playing their music. I took a picture of an old well, the ones that was used to lower a bucket from. I imagined Leprechaun, fairies and pixies playing around this structure of my fantasy. It was a wonder full walk and experience, I hope I am returning to this wondrous state which seems to be returning and improving.

Until next time,
Pixie:)

No comments: