Monday, September 24, 2007

Early Morning

Hello,
I had an early rise this morning, I woke around 3:30 am, and have been awake ever since.
I tend to wake up from 3 am on most mornings, but can usually get back to sleep. However that didn't happen this morning. As I lay in bed thinking about life and all the turmoil of the last few months, a question came to my mind. The same question I have been asking myself ever since the end of my marriage, the question being, "Will everything be ok"?

I was looking out my bedroom window when this question again came to mind. There is a blanket of stars covering the sky this morning, it looks beautiful. At the moment I ask myself that question again a shooting star sped across the sky. It seemed to last longer than usual, it was very impressive.

It took me back to what seemed like a long time ago, but was actually early this spring. I had another of these early wakes and got up for coffee. I remember an uneasiness settling in on me for a while before this, and as I was thinking about that, a brilliant shooting star went across my view! It was breath taking I must say, the one I saw this morning was bright, but paled in comparison to the first.

I have noticed the feeling of foreboding leaving me lately, not the feeling of being unsure, just that things are going as they should and moving on. I choose to think this star was the sign I have been waiting for. Maybe all my trouble started when the first star set its path in the night sky, and maybe this one this morning signified the fading of a long journey and a time for rest.

If nothing else it is a nice thought, that things may soon start going normally for me. Just to ease into a comfortable new lifestyle would be nice. I have no grand ideas or wants at this point in my life. Just some nice times to look forward too, while keeping myself grounded that it will not be easy.

But I am very determined to make it on my own, just to prove to myself I can and will do it. Then I know I will have found my personal contentment and only then will I be able to fully enjoy all life has to offer. Now I guess I had better start getting ready for work, it is going to be a long hard day...but I bet I will sleep good tonight.

Keeping the faith,
Pixie:)

No comments: