Friday, September 28, 2007

Eagle in Flight

Hello,

It has been a few days since my last post, tonight is the first time I feel I have something to share. I was driving towards Bridgewater tonight when I spotted a bald eagle flying up ahead. I was amazed at how long it's wing span was. As I drove and came closer to the eagle, I noted how graceful this mighty warrior seemed. I envied that creature at that moment, I tried to imagine what it was seeing as it glided across the sky. How it must have felt with the wind beneath it's wings, and the feeling of freedom not afforded to most spices on earth.

I can honestly say, I would have loved to trade places with that eagle for a while to see what freedom is really like. Imagine no bills to pay or to worry about, your biggest concern is finding a meal and a place to sleep. Travel as you will, and come and go on your own want. To look for company or remain in solitude. As I contemplated these thoughts, the eagle took a turn and was flying directly in front of me! I was so excited about the feeling I was experiencing, I hardly noticed I was driving.

I was in awe as this eagle remained there flying with me as I was on a straight away. Of course that was a coincident, but that doesn't matter. When he eventually turned away, I was both excited and disappointed that it was over so fast. But what a wonderful time I had in that short while. Finally something nice to write about, and share.

Until next time,
Pixie:)

No comments: