Monday, September 3, 2007

Hidden



















Hello again,

Well as I said when I re-edited my post this morning I had to change my plans as my X was off today as well.
But I went for a blueberry muffin, oh so good and a coffee. Then I walked around the store for a while and then went and visited my 92 year old friend. She is not feeling well, and has a bad cough, but I am so glad I went and saw her.

I was expecting her to be sleepy, but when I got there she was just a humming a little tune. I really enjoy her when she is in this mood, and we had an hours worth of conversation and laughter. I will be so glad when I can visit her in the evenings again every now and then. But for now we have the afternoons, and we will enjoy what time we can together.

When I left there I went to visit my friend Kelly for a bit, then I came home and had a nap…I find the older I get the better I like to have a nap on a day like this. When I woke I decided it was finally time to explore the area where I am staying. This is the first time I wanted to do that, I noticed a little path in the back of this place and decided to check it out.

I took my time and enjoyed the sun streaming through the trees, a hawk was calling out and a slight breeze rustled the leaves on the trees. When I got down over a little hill I caught my breath in wonderment, here hidden away was a small area around the brook that runs pass my place. This place is beautiful, what a treasure I have discovered! I will now spend more of my time here; as I approached the water; I spooked a couple of deer who were gracing on the other side of the bank. I believe I have just found my sanctuary, a place to go and think and just be me.

I have added a couple of pictures of this place, it was evening when I took these pictures so they are a little dark, but you can see the calm that surrounds this place. After my discovery I went back and got my camera and took some pictures, I had to hurry as my friend was coming for a while this evening. I showed her the pictures and next weekend I will take her there for her to enjoy this place.

This was the first time I have ventured out for a walk and I must say it was very nice and relaxing. I had a couple of upsets today but this walk helped, and my friend and I went for some chilly, now that just has to warm the soul. It was a very good evening, my friend and I just sat and talked. We talked about everything from being lonely to falling in love or ending up alone, it is nice to be able to talk to someone about these things, and I know she feels the same way.

I guess I should soon call it a night as I am back to work tomorrow, I know I will be busy for the next four days. I will worry about the weekend when it gets here again, until then I wish you all a peaceful week.

Pixie:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for you to show me your treasure hideaway because if I'm right the pictures won't do it justice. Peace and quite just what I need. :)