Sunday, November 4, 2007

Storm

Hello,

Well we had a nasty storm go through Nova Scotia last night, power was off for a while. I woke this morning to downed power lines and trees all over the place. The house next to mine had the power meter and stack ripped off from the wind.

In this sheltered area it seemed to be worse between 3-4 am when I was wakened by a bang. This is when the broken limbs from the trees were hitting here. I saw a lot of washed out driveways and flooded areas today as well. But thank goodness it passed, and we survived another storm.

Speaking of storms, some of you might be wondering how I am doing in my single life. Well things are going ok, I can't say it is exciting...it isn't. I really miss having companionship, I have decided that if I meet someone I am going to give it a try. I don't like being alone, this I have found out. That doesn't mean I will settle for the first thing that comes along, I couldn't do that. I need to feel some emotion from a person before I could consider getting to know them better.

More important they would have to show a genuine interest in me, and not be afraid to show it.
But I will wait to see what happens, some of you might be thinking, but she has only been alone for five months. To that I say I have been alone for two years and five months, that is how long it has been since I felt wanted or needed, so that is the date I choose to use. Now you can see why I am ready to move on.

I can spend my days so easy, but when evening comes I dread it. I was hoping that would improve once I moved here, and it has a bit, but there is no replacing the comfort and warmth when someone cares for you. Last night one of my friends and I kicked back and had some beer, we had some good laughs, but again it reminded me that I really don't want to be alone. I am a people person and I feel so empty when I am alone. So now I have to try and find someone I like to fill this void or at least try.
Anyway that is where I am in my emotional battle, I now know I can make it alone, but I don't like it at all.

I also know there was a few of you out there who were having your own trouble and problem, I truly hope things have improved for you, I have not forgotten you. I will try to keep you updated when I can, but somehow I think it will be sometime yet before I find that someone, but if I do...I will share that happiness with you.

Until next time,
Pixie

No comments: