Thursday, November 8, 2007

Flu Shot

Hello everyone,

I had my flu shot the other day as I do every year. I have had some effects from them in the past, but this time I know it made me sick. I was feeling good, until about 3 hours after I had the shot. I got extremely tired feeling, and a little nausea. By that night it was a little worse and my throat and ears got sore, the hot flashes also started.

I think that was the first time in my life I had flashes of heat like that...and I didn't like it at all.
I went to my doctor but she didn't think it was from the shot so she put me off work just encase something was starting and so I wouldn't spread it at work. Well last night was bad, I didn't feel well at all, this morning it was about the same.

My friend who lives next door brought me over some chicken soup she made for dinner, now that did seem to help...and maybe because I wasn't eating much as I didn't feel well. She also did my wash and hung it out, she is a good friend and I do appreciate that...and I won't forget it either. I managed to get through today ok, but I worry how long this night will be as I slept a lot today, but I will soon find out. But right now all my symptoms are just about gone, the only thing I still feel is a little fatigue, and that is why I suspect the shot.

My understanding of the flu shot is that it changes from year to year depending on what type of flu is coming. So why I wonder do so many find it hard to believe that this changing shot will indeed affect people in different ways every year. I know they would never say if this is true because people might stop getting the shot. I wouldn't stop getting it, but I would at least be prepared for the effects that might go with them, and maybe have some understanding of what might happen from them. Anyway...

Kelly and I have been out a few times now, but still no sign of my dream man. Maybe he will come and knock on my door with that single flower I talked about...ya right:) Anyway I have finally joined face book, everyone seems to be on it so I thought I would try it. There is an application called are you interested, I have added it to my page and I have had a few yes replies, but they are all so far away. But it is fun so I will continue, and you just never know when something might happen.

Well take care,
Pixies:)

No comments: