Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Darkened Skies

Hello everyone,

Tonight I went over to a friends and watched her decorating for Christmas, she always starts early:) But I think for me that might have been a mistake, as it reminded me of everything I have lost this year...no I don't mean my soon to be X husband.

I have spent the last number of years collecting, creating and painting all of my Christmas possessions. But when I left I was able to grab very little of it, and so now I have lost it. I know a lot was given away and the rest was destroyed and that hurts.

I know it is just material things...but they were important to me. I think this is going to be a very hard season to get through this year, as I will have to remember what I had. I will not attempt to replace it this year as my will and want won't be there.

I will try and enjoy this holiday as I always enjoyed Christmas, and the true meaning of it. I choose to look at it as I have to give it all up in order to truly start again. But that doesn't make nights like this any easier. So to deal with my emotions I need to be creative, so I wrote another poem.
Darkened Skies

Oh darkening skies so cloudy and grey,
When oh when will you go away.

Your cruelty so strong, while emotions are lost,
No trust in you is my complete cost.

I have paid my dues, enough for three,
Why dear fate are you so hard on me.

A lesson I must learn, and let it all go,
Do you feel my pain I would like to know?

But suffer I must for reasons unknown,
To keep the faith while the pain is shown

To a better time ahead, the dept paid in full,
To a fulfilling life, I hope this is the rule.


I hope in time the trust will return,
For it is self who has made this turn.

One day soon an understanding we will reach,
And through my pain maybe that lesson is reached.

By: Ann Gallant
November 21, 2007
Good night,
Pixie

No comments: