Monday, January 14, 2008

Happy or Not

Hello everyone,

I have been watching people together lately. Families or couples as I sit having coffee in different places. I wonder if they are still together because they are in love, or has it become a convenience in their lives.

Only they truly know that for sure, but I can tell you what I observed, a good many seem indifferent to each other. I hear lots of "I don't care, do what you want or pick up what you want". No discussion about anything.

The children seem unaware of the discussion around them and are content with the fascination of the new toys, and wanting them. More than once I watched one or the other of a couple checking out someone who has just walked by...it is very easy to see what their thoughts are;)

I now wonder after all this studying of human nature, and living it, if we can be truly happy with the same partner through life. It seems life moves in, and sets us into such a routine that we forget the person we are with changes as much as we do.

I believe this is a natural state, we all evolve as we learn and experience all the different emotions of life. Maybe the trick is learning to except the change within our selves as well as those of our partner. Maybe that is what keeps the sparks alive within us, and pulls us together instead of apart.

What do you think? I would like to hear your thoughts on this subject, if anyone cares to share them.

Until next time,
Pixie;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure that it's fair to make judgments about other people's lives by silently observing them in a public setting. Sometimes people have crappy days. Sometimes even couples have crappy days. I've known people who seem very attentive toward one another in public and end up divorced.
I think to be happy with the same partner one has to first be happy with yourself. It's not fair to make someone else responsible for your happiness. I believe we have a choice to have a happy life or a miserable life. This is not to say that we don't experience times of unhappiness.
And you are right about accepting changes in ourselves as well as our partner. Life is about change. Sometimes change is difficult but I believe in the end we come out stronger.

Pixie said...

Hello Anonymous,

I do agree, we all have bad days...and months. This is only my observation of a moment in time. It doesn't make it correct, rather it gives me food for thought on human behavior. This is more of what I am beginning to believe, that doesn't make it right...just my thoughts and wonder of myself.